Skip to main content

Learning Taking Photos Better

Today is such a good day. After spending the whole day at home - like Lazy Song by Bruno Mars - I just don't do anything at all. Laying on the bed, surviving the cold of winter, and occasionally went to the bathroom. If it's not for my hungry stomach, I won't really cook my food. And if it's not for the promise I made to meet my friend, I won't really go out today. But thanks to him, I got two blissful things: free food and camera lessons.



The free food was provided by the events we went too. It was a culture day for the foreigners living in Korea held by the Global Center, and more like get-together event. The best part was that after the event they treated all of the participants with pizza! Hahaha! That's sure a thing!

After we made sure that we were full enough (we planned to stay longer at the restaurants though), we went by the famous Cheonggyecheon Stream. There was Christmas event there, where they put LED lights along the river. My friends and I decided to go there to take some photos while we enjoying the beauty of the stream.

My friends were using DSLR camera, while I'm just with my pocket camera. But it's nice though to listen to them discussing about camera things. I decided to imitate them, did some manual settings on my pocket camera; the results were nice! I could capture better and learn how powerful even a pocket camera can be. Here were some of the results that made me satisfied today for learning something new about camera settings. Definitely if I made enough money, I wanna go with better camera and lenses.

All that I learned today is when taking photos of LED decorations during the night, go with low ISO (I used 200-400). You need steady hand, so the picture won't be blurry. Set lower shutter speed (I used 1/100) so there's not so much light comes into your camera. For the focus, I used 1/2.8 (Because when I went higher, the pictures just turn bad). Haha of course this is not professional tips, but it's really helpful for an amateur like me. But it's helpful instead off using the auto mode every time. This time I feel satisfied as I can get I picture closer to what I want.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korea National University of Arts: Chic and Trendy!

I looked for something to travel, which is unusual and less touristy. Then my friend came from Busan and he told me to visit one of his friend attending an art university. That sounds cool, and I just realize that the university he was talking about, Korea National University of Arts, located just some meters away from my own university, Kyung Hee University. So now I know that Kyung Hee University, Korea National University of Arts and Hankuk University of Foreign Studies were located in one neighborhood. His friend was having graduation exhibition, so I though it's gonna be nice to see the works as well. We stop by a flower shop (it's a tradition here to give flower to someone graduated or having their work exhibited), then we head to her campus. With a really nice sunny weather, it's a great time to go out and having sunbathing in the midst of the winter. I was so surprised, the campus is great. It has nice contemporary architecture and landscape. I really like th

Trip to Bukchon in Seoul

As the end of the year is getting closer, I get some holiday from my Professor so I can spend my time with my friends. They coming over to Korea, so I want to accompany and show them around Seoul to get the best experience ^^ The very basic of the tour is starting from around the downtown area in Gwanghwamun. Showing them the traditional sense of Korea has made them being mesmerized for the Korean way of beauty. Despite I have been living for about 10 months in Seoul, sometimes there are always new things to discover in the city. It's always amazing to know that Seoul has stories from its citizen either waiting to be told or to be heard. For me, this time it's about Bukchon area. Despite this is so mainstream destination for tourist, but Bukchon is interesting for its Hanok architecture (traditional house) and local genius for its technology achievement. The pattern that was used on the exterior, and the way they work out the interior of the house is beautiful to me.

Why Work Doesn't Happen at Work: A Blog Review

Just like education doesn't happen at school, so do work: it never happen at the office. The reason was pointed out really well by Jason Fried in his TED talk on October 2010 at TEDxMidwest. He bluntly just said that manager and meetings were the two suspects of this case! Wow, really? But we always think that these two are the crucial components of modern office days, don't we? We almost never hearing someone saying that office is the place where things get done. Office is just like casual place to meet you colleagues, talk and chit chat over works, then mostly you left out with piles of papers undone. Well, not always the case, but it's frequently happening and no one seems like really put their concern about it, right? I've been asking people this question for about 10 years: "Where do you go when you really need to get something done?" I'll hear things like, the porch, the deck, the kitchen. I'll hear things like an extra room in the house, the bas