Skip to main content

Korea National University of Arts: Chic and Trendy!

I looked for something to travel, which is unusual and less touristy. Then my friend came from Busan and he told me to visit one of his friend attending an art university. That sounds cool, and I just realize that the university he was talking about, Korea National University of Arts, located just some meters away from my own university, Kyung Hee University. So now I know that Kyung Hee University, Korea National University of Arts and Hankuk University of Foreign Studies were located in one neighborhood.

His friend was having graduation exhibition, so I though it's gonna be nice to see the works as well. We stop by a flower shop (it's a tradition here to give flower to someone graduated or having their work exhibited), then we head to her campus. With a really nice sunny weather, it's a great time to go out and having sunbathing in the midst of the winter.


I was so surprised, the campus is great. It has nice contemporary architecture and landscape. I really like those raw concrete and wood in one scene - so rustic. There were some art installations too, it made nice elements to the landscapes. In my opinion, it was nice to see how the mass of the buildings were elaborated to create the whole architecture.

It was nice to met my friend's fried - she was a nice person. I repeatedly said how chic her campus is - haha I really like the feeling of rawness of the material. Then we head to cafe nearby to have more conversations.







If you by any chance want to visit here, take the Subway Line 1, and stop at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Station or Subway Line 6, and stop at Dolgoji Station. More details please take a look at the map below.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bukchon in Seoul

As the end of the year is getting closer, I get some holiday from my Professor so I can spend my time with my friends. They coming over to Korea, so I want to accompany and show them around Seoul to get the best experience ^^ The very basic of the tour is starting from around the downtown area in Gwanghwamun. Showing them the traditional sense of Korea has made them being mesmerized for the Korean way of beauty. Despite I have been living for about 10 months in Seoul, sometimes there are always new things to discover in the city. It's always amazing to know that Seoul has stories from its citizen either waiting to be told or to be heard. For me, this time it's about Bukchon area. Despite this is so mainstream destination for tourist, but Bukchon is interesting for its Hanok architecture (traditional house) and local genius for its technology achievement. The pattern that was used on the exterior, and the way they work out the interior of the house is beautiful to me.

Why Work Doesn't Happen at Work: A Blog Review

Just like education doesn't happen at school, so do work: it never happen at the office. The reason was pointed out really well by Jason Fried in his TED talk on October 2010 at TEDxMidwest. He bluntly just said that manager and meetings were the two suspects of this case! Wow, really? But we always think that these two are the crucial components of modern office days, don't we? We almost never hearing someone saying that office is the place where things get done. Office is just like casual place to meet you colleagues, talk and chit chat over works, then mostly you left out with piles of papers undone. Well, not always the case, but it's frequently happening and no one seems like really put their concern about it, right? I've been asking people this question for about 10 years: "Where do you go when you really need to get something done?" I'll hear things like, the porch, the deck, the kitchen. I'll hear things like an extra room in the house, the bas